Rules & Guidelines
- The CACL Financial Bark Park is a recreational area designated solely for off-leash dogs with their owner accompanying them; animals other than dogs are not permitted on Park grounds.
- Owners assume the full risk of any injuries and/or damages to person/property or loss connected with or associated with the use of the CACL Financial Bark Park.
- Only those persons with a valid membership, who have signed an acknowledgment and the rules and a waiver and release may utilize the CACL Financial Bark Park
- Owner must clean up after their dogs and dispose of waste in the provided receptacles.
- Owners shall remain inside the enclosed areas and must keep their dog(s) within sight and voice range at all times; dogs may not be left unattended or out of sight range/voice command.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to and upon leaving the dog park area. Owner shall have a leash in their possession at all times while in the dog park area. All pinch, shock, prong, and spiked collars must be removed prior to entering the dog park area.
- Dogs known to exhibit vicious, fierce, aggressive, or dangerous behavior are not permitted in the dog park area. If an Owner’s dog becomes aggressive or unruly, the Owner should immediately leash and remove the dog from the enclosed area.
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per owner at a time.
- Children who are at least six (6) years old and less than sixteen (16 years) are permitted in the dog park as long as they are accompanied by a parent/guardian to enter the park.
- Handlers must be at least 16 years old to bring dogs into the park area.
- Memberships to the CACL Financial Dog Park are available only to those persons over 18 years old, and are non-transferable and may only be used by the issued household and for the dogs listed on the application.
- Memberships are valid annually from date of purchase.
- Memberships will not be pro-rated regardless of the purchase date and are non-refundable.
- Membership fee is $20 for City Residents and $30 for non-residents
- All dogs must be current with required rabies vaccination and be registered with the county in which they reside. Proof of valid license and Rabies Vaccination is required with the application for membership.
- Professional dog trainers and other professionals must have written permission to utilize the facility.
- While it is not required, we do recommend a parasite preventative.
- Access will be gained through an electronic code provided to members only. Codes are non-transferable.
- Dogs must wear their current dog license tag while inside the dog park area
- Owners must monitor their dogs from digging to prevent damage to the grass areas
- The following is not permitted in the dog park:
- Dogs under four (4) months of age
- Female dogs in heat
- Dogs with contagious diseases or parasites
- Aggressive or unruly dogs
- Dogs that are not listed on a member application for the CACL Financial Bark Park
- Dogs that do not have a valid county license and or whose vaccination has expired
- Dog fighting
- No food (human or pet) is allowed in the dog park area.
- The small dog area is limited to dogs that are 25 lbs. or less.
- No glass bottles or glass of any kind are allowed into the dog park area.
- Memberships may be revoked due to failure to comply with the rules listed above, in the sole discretion of the City Administrator or his/her designee.
- These rules are subject to change at any time. Members will be notified of any changes via the website.
- The City of Pottsville reserves the right to close the Park at any time due to weather or site conditions
- The City of Pottsville reserves the right to limit the number of dogs in the Park at any time